Residents are encouraged to recycle. Recycling containers are available to every Jackson Center resident. Containers should be placed at the curb for collection with their regular trash pickup. Items that are being set out for recycling pick up need to be curbside BEFORE 7:00 a.m. on pick-up day. Truck pick-up begins at 7:00 a.m. each week. Recycling collection occurs every Tuesday, unless it has been delayed one day due to a major holiday or severe weather. Please check the Community Calendar on this website to view the recycling collection days.
The village has a two recycling bin collection system.
- The light green recycling bin is for paper only such as newspapers, magazines, advertisements, junk mail, copy paper, paperboard and cardboard. All papers should be placed loose in the paper only bin or put in brown paper bags. Do not bundle or tie papers. All cardboard and paperboard boxes (cereal, cracker, cake & rices boxes) must be flattened and cut down into pieces smaller than 2 feet by 3 feet.
- Please remove all plastic wraps & bags.
- NO wet papers/boxes will be accepted.
- NO boxes with Food Residue (such as pizza boxes with grease or cheese).
- On Rainy/Windy days, paper/cardboard should be placed in plastic grocery bags & tied shut.
- The dark green recycling bin is a co-mingled recycling bin for items such as plastic bottles and jugs (#1 & #2 ONLY), glass bottles & jars, aluminum cans and steel food cans. Please remove all lids & rinse thoroughly.
- PLASTIC bottles & jugs include milk jugs, beverage bottles, shampoo bottles, laundry jugs and household cleaning bottles. Only plastic bottles and jugs that have a #1 or #2 recycling symbol on them will be accepted for recycling.
- GLASS bottles & jars include clear, green and brown glass food or beverage bottles/jars. NO other glass items will be accepted for recycling.
- ALUMINUM cans include food & beverage containers and pet food cans. NO scrap aluminum will be accepted for recycling.
- STEEL cans include bi-metal (tin/steel) food, soup, coffee and pet food cans. NO scrap steel will be accepted for recycling.
Automotive product containers, plastic containers #3 through #7, bowls, buckets, tubs, bags, flower pots, microwave/fast food trays, styrofoam, toys, mirrors, ceramics, light bulbs, window glass, drinking glasses, dishes, china, paint cans, pots, pans, hangers, medical needles, diapers, batteries or appliances.
PLEASE NOTE: Republic Waste Services reserves the right to refuse any unacceptable items. The curbside recycling program is for Residential Recycling Only.
Recycling is provided by Republic Waste Services. The recycling fee of $3.00 is included in your monthly utility bill.
Additional or replacement recycling bins are available at the Village Office. For more information please call the Village Office at 937-596-6314 or Republic Waste Services at 937-593-3566.
Recycling trailers are located at 500 Jerry Drive and is open dawn to dusk. This service is provided at no additional cost to Shelby County residents.
The site accepts newspapers, magazines, plastic, glass, aluminum, bi-metal cans and cardboard and will not accept any other items. Cardboard must be broken down and flattened and materials shall not be placed outside their appropriate labeled bins.