Ohio's Online Checkbook
To explore our online checkbook, please click on this link: OHIOCHECKBOOK.com
OpenGov allows you to explore budget and historical finances in a simple graphical user interface.
- You'll notice the title of the Report you are viewing in the top left corner.
- Select Filter to display key menus.
- Use the Broken Down By drop-down to specify the category you would like the data organized by in your chart or graph.
- Select the Filtered By option to view the data filters. These filters will allow you to select exactly which data you want to include, or exclude, from your graph or chart.
- Use the Search funtion within each filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
- There are four different types of visual representations of the data:
- A horizontal stacked chart
- A tree map
- A bar graph - this view is unique because if you click on the year, you can drill in to see the data by month
- A pie chart
- Below any chart or graph, you can view a Table detailing the financial information in the visualization above.
- Use the Help drop-down in the top right corner to:
- View a short How-to-guide with tips on navigating the checkbook.
- Recall the Welcome Message
- View Multi-Fund Accounting 101 with basic information on multi-fund accounting.
- Contact the administrators of the account.
- Use the Export drop-down in the top right corner to:
- Download a spreadsheet as a .csv file.
- The Share menu allows you to share your current report view using email or social media.
For additional information on OpenGov and to access education materials, please visit: www.opengov.com/resources