The Village of Jackson Center works closely with the Sidney/Shelby County Chamber of Commerce, the Shelby County Commissioners, the West Ohio Development Council, and the Ohio Department of Development to provide local and state business incentives in order to create a friendly and economic environment for business and industry to expand and locate in this region.
- Enterprise Zone Policy, a real property tax abatement program for manufacturing, warehousing and R&D projects.
- Community Reinvestment Area Policy, a real property tax abatement program for residential, commercial and industrial projects that take place within a CRA zone.
- Ohio Investment in Training Program (OITP) provides financial assistance and technical resources for customized training involving employees of new and expanding Ohio businesses.
- Ohio Job Creation Tax Credit, a refundable state franchise or income tax credits for businesses that create full-time positions at an Ohio facility.
- Jackson Center Municipal Job Creation Tax Credit Policy (JCMJCTC), municipal income tax credit to a taxpayer that also receives a state tax credit per Section 122.17 of the Ohio Revised Code. Credits shall take the form of non-refundable credits allowed against the municipal income tax imposed by village Ordinance 2008-028.
Additional Incentives can be found through the Ohio Department of Development.
For more information about these programs contact Bruce A. Metz (Village of Jackson Center) at 937-596-6314 or Mike Dodds (West Ohio Development Council) at 937-498-9554.